Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 Update
Our team is closely monitoring and complying with all state and local regulations and mandates regarding restaurant operations. Our highest priority continues to be the health and well-being of everyone who comes into our restaurants. As the City of Phoenix has declared a state of emergency, we are temporarily closing our dining room seating to help limit person-to-person contact. Our restaurants will offer service through Takeout & Delivery or mobile order options, through 3rd Party Delivery Services. For more information, please visit: https://macayo.com/takeout-delivery/. We thank you for your patience as our restaurants begin transitioning their operations. We know these are challenging times, but we’ll continue to do our best to serve you.
Friday, March 13th 2020 Update
Thank you for your patience as we navigate through the uncharted territories of COVID-19. While our restaurants remain open to provide a nourishing meal and a caring environment during this unprecedented time, we are committed to ensuring the health and well-being of our guests, team and partners. We also take seriously the role in supporting the CDC, state and local health officials and government leaders as they work to contain the virus.
As COVID-19 continues to impact restaurants and communities at varying levels, restaurants may implement additional changes such as reducing operating hours, operating Takeout & Delivery only or offering a limited menu.
Thursday, March 12th, 2020 Update
To Our Friends & Family,
It’s part of our core strengths and purpose to provide kindness not only to our guests, but also to ourselves as a team. As a team, we are making sure that wellness is of top priority during the emerging cases of illness. This mindset helps us to create a safe and healthy environment for all.
We are monitoring this evolving situation very closely and working with local officials to ensure we’re doing all we can to keep our guests, team, partners and food safe.
Below are the ways that we will currently address this issue, and we will adjust accordingly as needed.
What we are currently doing in our restaurants:
- Conduct wellness checks to confirm the health of each employee before entering our kitchens
- Wash our hands often (at least every hour and between tasks) for at least 20 seconds with antibacterial hand soap
- Increase Sanitation and Cleaning routines from every hour to every 30 minutes
- Teammates will sanitize hard surfaces (counters, POS screens and payment card swipers) every 30 minutes with Sanitizer
- Bartenders, Servers, Hosts may wear gloves and wash hands in between glove changes and cash transactions.
What we encourage guests to do:
- Wash your hands frequently and use a paper towel to dry
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue
We recognize the COVID-19 virus will require all of us as a community to be more mindful as we go through our daily activities. Please know we are constantly monitoring the situation and will continue to adjust as necessary to ensure we keep delivering the great experiences our guests have come to expect at all of our restaurants. As always, thank you for allowing us to be a part of your family and your traditions.