Margaritas are one of the most memorable, classic summer cocktails to enjoy – obviously, we’re big fans here! There may be some that swear by a margarita on the rocks, but as the temperatures soar, we like to mix up our choices, and nothing is more refreshing than a frozen beverage. In the midst of a hot, sweaty summer day, an icy margarita is the ultimate refreshment.
Sometimes it is better to keep things simple: this recipe includes just the basic ingredients: fresh lime juice, tequila, sugar, and lots of ice blended into a frosty mass.
- 5 cups of ice cubes
- 3/4 cup tequila – silver is best
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (from 5 to 6 limes)
- 1/2 cup of Simple Syrup
- 1/3 cup coarse salt
- 1 lime wedge, plus 1 more for each serving
Blend your ice, tequila, splash of lime juice, and simple syrup in a blender until it has reached your desired smoothness. Place a generous amount of salt into a saucer, moisten the 4 rims of your glasses with a lime wedge, and dip each glass into the salt. Serve with lime wedges.
You have just made a batch of easy frozen margarita drinks – but you don’t have to stop there. Why not try adding a few extra ingredients?
- Make it Fancy: Strawberries, kiwi, or any other kind of fruit makes a great addition to this summer-time potion.
- Make it Strong: Don’t tell your cocktail purists or margarita connoisseur, but if you really want to mix it up, add a bit of your favorite rum – silver works best, once again!
Whether you like your margarita fruity or on the rocks, sweet or strong, experiment to find the best recipe that matches your taste buds. Make drinks that provide a party for your friends and family and that help you enjoy the simple comforts of good food and good company.