CHIMI, CHIMI SHAKE! The chimi’s story starts with a burrito, when our founder accidentally dropped a meat filled burrito into the fryer and he discovered a whole new way to serve this iconic item. What came out of the fryer that day was a crisp, savory burrito that became a legend in its own right.
Seeing we had something special on our hands — or plates — we topped the concoction with our zesty Relleno sauce, sour cream and fresh Pico de Gallo. The reception was massive, with Phoenix diners clamoring for this novel culinary creation. Over the years, we have perfected and innovated our chimichanga, filling it with a wide variety of flavorful meats, cheeses and serving it to our guests all around the Phoenix area.
MACAYO’S CHIMI CHALLENGE
– 5LB Chimichanga for $30
– Filled with Guest’s Choice Shredded Beef, Shredded Chicken or Ground Beef mixed with Mexican Rice & Refried Beans
– Topped with Red Enchilada Sauce, Our Famous Baja Sauce, Fire-Roasted Tomatillo Sauce, Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, Sour Cream, Mixed Cheese & Jack Cheese
– Must Be Finished in 20 Minutes or Less
– Successful Attempt, Win Macayo’s for a Year!
– Available at all Macayo’s Locations
– Dine-In Service Only
2ND ANNUAL CHIMI CHALLENGE CHAMPIONSHIP