Going back to where it all started, our founders, Woody & Victoria were very passionate about community involvement and giving back. Seven decades later, led by their daughter Sharisse, our Macayo family carries on that same commitment today.
The Sojourner Center is a domestic violence service organization that provides emergency shelter, transitional housing, domestic violence education, safety planning, lay-legal advocacy, case management, a child development center, 24-hour crisis hotline, referral services, community education and healthcare through an on-site clinic. Each year, Sojourner Center serves about 500 children. 96% of the families they serve meet federal guidelines for poverty. Many of the families arrive at their shelter in the middle of the night with only the clothes on their backs. Often they do not have shoes, or the shoes they have are too small.
Do you remember going back to school after the Holidays and showing off your new clothes and shoes? Eyes light up when Sojourner Center kids get new things, too. For Christmas this year, Sojourner Center would like to gift each child with a pair of new shoes and we want to help them do it!
MACAYO HOLIDAY SHOE DRIVE FOR THE SOJOURNER CENTER
Thursday, November 1st through Friday, November 30th at all Arizona locations
Macayo Goal: $10,000, approximately $20 per pair of shoes
Macayo’s to Donate $1.00 for every
– Pumpkin Flan & Margarita Cheesecake sold
– Perfect Patron Margarita & Barrel Select Margarita sold
And! To celebrate the 1st Anniversary of Woody’s Macayo, we’re having a Launch Party for the Holiday Shoe Drive
– Thursday, November 1st at Woody’s Macayo
– $8.00 Perfect Patron Margaritas
– Collect donations for The Sojourner Center of new shoes, gently used clothing, new bedding, school supplies, diaper & hygiene products
– Guests get a Free Margarita Cheesecake with any donation of the above
– Free Harvest Sampler with Purchase of Entrée