MACAYO’S R&D TEST-KITCHEN, MACAYO’S MEXICAN GRILL & CANTINA
Has it already been a year?! This day, 365 days ago, was a big day for us as we quietly reopened our Scottsdale & Shea location as our R&D test-kitchen with a soft-opening on May 19th, 2015. Looks like it has indeed been a full year, and what a year it has been!
As you all may know, over the last few years we have been on a journey, a Culinary Evolution. This strategy has truly been in the spirit of Woody Johnson, our original founder, who without a doubt was one of the most innovative men of his time. When it came to Mexican food, outstanding hospitality and restaurant operations, no one set groundbreaking standards like him. 70 years later as Woody’s children carry on his legacy, they enjoy doing so buy continuing that innovative spirit.
THE LAST 12 MONTHS
Let’s take a look back! Culinary Additions:
- Chile Trio Cheese Crisp . Pulled Chicken Cheese Crisp
- Queso Fundido . Deconstructed Nachos
- Jicama Shrimp Tacos . Fire-Roasted Albondigas
- Fried Avocado . Mexican Corn
- Latin Chopped Salad . Grilled Chicken Taco Salad
- Short Rib Enchiladas . Tinga Quesadilla
- Chicken Tinga Street Tacos . Short Rib Street Tacos
- Green Chile Pork Stew . Rolled Tacos
- Verde y Roja . Bosio’s Shrimp
- Homemade Churros . Dulce de Leche
Being able to use our Scottsdale & Shea location as a test-kitchen for the entire company has been extremely beneficial, and a lot of fun too! Just recently we featured a special menu at all locations, our Oldies from Woody & Chef Inspired menu. The Chef Inspired side featured several of the most popular new items from the test-kitchen. We were very proud to see you all enjoy them!
We want to thank our entire team at our test-kitchen for all their hard work, energy and commitment to this journey. We could not do any of this without them!